Strategic Sourcing Specialist: IT
Strategic Sourcing Specialist: IT - Global FTSE 100 Manufacturing Business
Location: Houston, Texas
Salary: $70,000 - $85,000 + Benefits Package + Structured Career Progression
This is a permanent role based full time in Houston,Texas: open to candidates who are relocating within the USA.
One of the most stable and growing organisations in the US, this global FTSE 100 have restructured their sourcing & vendor management function and are seeking a talented Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join and work across the IT category. They're looking for a strategic individual to join and own the end-to-end procurement process whilst implementing new suppliers by going out to tender.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist: IT Role Overview:
- Own sub-category spends, such as Software, Hardware, IT Services and Telecommunications, developing effective procurement strategies to have a proactive approach to procurement
- Leading full end to end tenders (including RFIs and RFPs) with new and existing suppliers to identify best value suppliers on a national and global scale, ensuring service and quality are improved alongside cost savings
- Identifying opportunities to add value within both the procurement process and the overall IT category; taking new ideas to the Director of Procurement to implement across the function
- Influencing senior internal stakeholders to ensure procurement are invited to have a seat at the table and add value across strategic business projects
Key Requirements for the Strategic Sourcing Specialist Role:
- Experience of the full end to end procurement process, including leading RFPs and RFQs, across the IT or Indirect categories
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills; able to influence senior internal stakeholders and effectively negotiate with critical suppliers
- A desire to deliver change; identify opportunities to be innovative and add value rather than just business as usual activities
- Strong academics and procurement qualifications preferred
With support provided from Senior Managers at the FTSE 100, this is an incredible opportunity for the successful candidate to take on a new challenge whilst learning from industry leaders, making your mark on a growing and successful business. This role also has clear development opportunities to become a senior manager.
For more information, send a copy of your resume to jobsGA@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or apply directly through this job board.
Keywords: Procurement, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing, Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Strategic IT Sourcing, IT Procurement, Technology Procurement, IT Procurement Manager, Software Procurement, IS Procurement, Infrastructure Procurement, FTSE 100, Career Progression