HEO Contract Administrator
The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office. We provide information to employers and other organisations in England and Wales (and barring information only in Northern Ireland) so they can make informed recruitment and licensing decisions. We also bar people from working in regulated activity as part of our commitment to safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
What we do really matters. Interested in joining us?
The DBS is looking to recruit inspiring people who meet our high standards and help us achieve our potential. As part of our vibrant team, you will enjoy excellent facilities and a warm and supportive working environment. Reporting to an SEO Contract Manager, you will support the day-to-day activities of the Commercial Team in the management of both strategic and tactical contracts providing services to the DBS. This will include managing and reviewing contract and supplier performance, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and value for money savings.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Providing effective commercial management/relationship management of DBS supplier contracts in a multi-supplier environment, including:
- Managing the delivery of suppliers’ commercial terms and relationships, including SLAs, obligations and milestones;
- Supporting a Contract Manager in ensuring a smooth contractual transition in terms of incoming and outgoing DBS contracts;
- Achieving and maintaining VFM for DBS suppliers;
- Managing the commercial aspects of the contract change processes for DBS suppliers.
• Engaging with Home Office Commercial Directorate (HOCD) / Home Office Digital, Data and Technology (HODDaT) and any other relevant stakeholders;
• MCIPS qualified (or equivalent), working towards or willing to achieve such qualification;
• Previous experience in a contract management role.
Benefits: In addition to a base salary, we offer a range of benefits including: generous annual leave allowance; commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff; employee assistance programme; flexible working opportunities; childcare voucher scheme; eye care voucher scheme; cycle to work scheme.
For more information and to apply, please visit
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4th June 2017.