Category Manager, Indirects | International Household Brand | Hampshire
Despite seeing growth on an unprecedented scale, this values based organisation has stuck closely to its morals through an extensive history, breeding a collaborative and inclusive culture that is entwined throughout the whole organisation. Such growth has seen the need for the Procurement team to be agile in response – this will see the appointment of a new Procurement Director and the creation of multiple roles across the team.
This role is responsible for developing expert knowledge in and designing and implementing effective strategies to maximise value for money for a range of Indirect categories of spend including HR services, I.T and Telecoms, Sales and Marketing, Capital expenditure, Facilities Management, MRO parts and Services. This role will be working in a matrix organisation structure, which means the role will report through a solid line into the Global Category Leader Indirects. You will have 1+ years’ experience in managing any of the above listed categories. You must be highly personable and able to deal with a complex and sometimes challenging stakeholder base which is often accompanied by high levels of ambiguity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops and retains an expert knowledge of supplier marketplace for different categories of spend, to ensure credibility with stakeholders
• Conducts an in-depth analysis of spend data
• Develops an in-depth understanding of the business requirements (assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation), for each of the categories
• Develops best in class Source plans which are aligned to the business requirements; identify opportunities to deliver total cost of ownership reductions; increase service delivery; and challenge the status quo
• Forms and leads cross functional teams to manage the delivery of the sourcing strategy
Skills and Achievements:
• A minimum of 12 months experience in use of the Category Management process.
• Indirects category knowledge (ideally in the Sales and Marketing and Capital expenditure categories)
• Experience of using SAP, although it is not essential
• Be experienced in the end to end Procurement process
• Possess an understanding of Contract law
• Possess strong analytical and negotiations skills both with stakeholders and suppliers, with a strong attention to detail
This organisation is seeking to fill this role asap – please apply today!