Transport Planning Supervisor
I am currently recruiting for a very exciting opportunity based in the Derbyshire area for an experience Transport Planner / Supervisor. With remuneration of up to £30,000, this is certainly a lucrative opportunity for someone with a background in haulage or materials distribution.
My client is an industry leader in the materials distribution sub-sector. They are currently implementing an expansion of their fleet from 35 to 65 tipper and artic vehicles running from a multi-depot operation. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous basic salary and additionally career progression throughout the company.
The ideal Transport Planning Supervisor will report directly into the Network Transport Manager. The successful candidate will be seen as the number two on site and will be expected to conduct and facilitate the smooth running of the business.
- You will be responsible for the planning of a multi-vehicle fleet of 65 artics and tipper vehicles between a multi-depot operation.
- You will be responsible for routing vehicles on various routes across the United Kingdom
- The successful candidate will have a knowledge and understanding of drivers hours, tachos and vehicle weight limits, as although not the licence holder you will be responsible for legislative safety in the network.
- Ensuring schedule and reactive maintenance is conducted on the fleet of vehicles.
- Ensure driver queries are resolved through solid man-management.
- You will also be commutable within the wider Derbyshire area.
The ideal Transport Planning Supervisor will have the following attributes and skills set:
- Strong experience in the Construction Materials or Haulage distribution sector.
- Experience planning for a fleet of over 50+ multi-drop vehicles.
- An exceptional people manager and motivator with strong values.
- Knowledge of ADR, tacho's and work-time regulations
- Ideally Managerial CPC qualified
- An ability to work flexibly between the hours of 0800-1730 between Monday and Friday.