Senior Procurement Officer
Senior Procurement Office required for a Southampton based client
The Senior Officer (ideally CIPS) will be working in a dynamic, fast passed professional institution and will support the Senior category managers within the team, ensuring the procurement department delivers an effective and efficient procurement service. This involves implementing the procurement policy and managing key contracts and framework agreements across the organisation.
As Procurement Officer (CIPS) you will be involved with:
- Developing procurement processes and procedures
- Managing the on-boarding process for new suppliers, conducting all relevant checks Maintaining the approved supplier list, including conducting annual supplier checks
- Nurturing relationships with suppliers to negotiate cost savings where possible
- Demonstrable experience of tendering and ideally understanding or working knowledge of OJEU tendering processes
- Proactively build, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Identifying & implementing best practice in all areas of procurement management and activity
- Play a lead role in working with the senior category manager, develop and lead the procurement related strategy for various assigned spend categories, from the creation of category plans to supplier selection, to solution implementation, to supplier relationship management. To develop category and sourcing strategies for various high value and / or high risk and / or complex spend areas.
- Ensuring compliance in all areas of procurement activity
- Ensuring appropriate contracts are formulated and delivered
- Mitigating risk and liability to the Company and to our clients wherever possible
- In conjunction with the Finance Director and Procurement Manager, providing input into agreeing the annual/regular procurement spend, savings target and key projects with budget holders
- Ad hoc project work
Qualifications & experience:
- Qualified membership of CIPS
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification 2- 4 years procurement experience. Extensive procurement experience
- Commercial acumen and a clear understanding of contract law
- Experienced in producing structured documentation including tenders, contracts, framework agreements, performance measurement systems, pricing schedules, etc
- Management of supplier relationships
- Tendering experience
If This is of interest please apply now to find out more.