IT Category Manager
An opportunity has arisen to join the journey of a huge transformational IT project right in the heart of London as a Category Manager. With this significant procurement revolution under way, this business is looking to develop a strong IT Category Manager to sustain the growth of the project. Working in a team of seven within a fast-paced environment it is critical that the new member of this procurement team has capability to hit the ground running and really make a difference.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Managing Procurement spend across IT services and Infrastructure software and hardware.
- Work closely with the procurement team, senior stakeholders and continuously seek to improve value by building strong and robust relationships.
- Within the category management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal, performance monitoring to ensure business objectives are met.
- Proactively develop robust strategies for use within specific categories to deliver breakthrough results.
- At least two years of IT Category Management.
- Solid IT procurement Category experience.
- Contract drafting and negotiation.
- Degree level education (or equivalent) CIPS membership is ideal.
- The communication skills and passion to ensure that procurement is perceived as a positive within a business.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.