Operations Manager - Food Sector
NEW - Operations Manager - Food Sector - £48k - Mon-Fri - 8am-4pm
Moy Park is one of the UK's top 10 food companies, Northern Ireland's largest private sector business and one of Europe's leading poultry producers. With 13 processing and manufacturing units in Northern Ireland, England, France, the Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland, the company has the capacity to process 240 million birds annually, in addition to producing around 200,000 tons of food per year.
The Operations Manager is accountable for achieving the given standards for flesh, labour, ingredients, and packaging and energy costs for the site and has the line responsibility for the activities of the Production Managers, Operations Team Leads and Line Controllers.
They are required to manage and control the production resources to achieve the site processing plans, to the correct specifications, quality and cost. In particular the role focuses on manpower utilisation and productivity.
Is required to co-ordinate activities to achieve agreed output and to effectively manage the technical aspects of the production in order that the Company quality standards are maintained and improved
Required to fully understand the financial performance for the area of control. To manage all budgets, raw materials and labour within budgeted targets whilst maximising the efficiencies of the process.
Staff management of Production Managers, Operations Team Leads, Line Controllers and Operatives
Responsible for managing, developing, training and motivating a team consisting of line managers and operatives. Control absence, performance issues using defined procedures when the need arises and conduct interviews as and when required.
Responsibilities as set out by the client
* Lead by example in promoting harmonious working environment in line with the Company's polices in Equal Opportunities, Harassment and Code of Ethics
* Maintain and uphold all aspects of Company HR policies in particular standards of discipline, communication and industrial relations
* Develop, train, coach and motivate the Unit Team and Operatives, in conjunction with the HR department and carry out annual performance reviews
* Advise or recommend any improvements to work methods which could improve productivity, performance or economy of operation.
* To achieve planned requirements to Company and customer specifications with minimum reject and wastage resources. To be aware at all times of the operating efficiencies of processing equipment and any defects. To ensure communication occurs with the Engineering department such that defects are rectified promptly. Report immediate to management any required action outside there control.
* Analyse and implement the weekly production plan for the factory and liaise closely with the Factory and planning manager such you are aware of any shift of targets. Any potential shortfalls advise the Factory Manager.
* Communicate regularly and effective with the Factory Manager, Production Managers and Business Unit Leaders in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of factory operations in particular the achievement or productively standards verse those budgeted.
* Keep up to date with relevant processing developments, advising and recommending any changes which could make qualitative or quantitative improvements to the efficiency, productivity, quality or costs of the operation.
* Also to encourage other line managers to constantly challenging existing methods in pursuit of enhanced efficiency
* Maintain regular statistics as specified in order to measure key aspects of production achievement versus target and budgeted costs
* Report to the Factory/General Manager immediately any occurrence that could affect the finances or security of the company or put its name into disrepute
* Any other reasonable duties as requested by Factory Manager.
* To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
* Responsible for all activities within the manufacturing lines.
* Be conscious of public relations and the image of the company such that the operation is managed to uphold the presentation of the company to visitors, customers and general public
* Attend/chair team meetings as required and have clear strategies for good communication between management and operatives to help maintain good industrial relations and improve overall effectiveness of the business.
Operate at all times to the highest attainable safety standards. Instil safety conscious attitude and work methods into all staff. Monitor and maintain health and safety systems and procedures within area of responsibility.
* Proven senior management & leadership experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment
* Proven management experience
* HACCP experience and or qualification
48k + Benefits - Monday to Friday - 8am-4pm
Client is immediately available to interview