Our client is currently recruiting for a Category Manager. In this role you will be responsible for identifying category opportunities and delivering category strategies, as the client will be undergoing a massive transformational project. You will be working in a team of seven delivering fact based, insights and recommendations to achieve step change category performance. This position will manage and implement the Procurement strategy to the agreed scope, reduce costs whilst adhering to the best practice.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Managing Procurement spend across a variety of categories covering FM, IT, Marketing and Professional Services.
- Work closely and intricately with the procurement team, senior stakeholders and continuously seeking to improve value by building strong and robust relationships.
- Within the category management framework, build, develop and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal, performance monitoring to ensure business objectives are met.
- Proactively develop strong strategies for use within specific categories to deliver breakthrough results.
- Owning the end to end process for complex projects and deals, with specific engagement across Real Estate and Soft and Hard FM categories.
- Generalist experience of working in IT/FM/Professional Services/marketing procurement.
- Degree level education (or equivalent) CIPS membership is ideal.
- The communication skills and passion to ensure that procurement is perceived as a positive within a business.
- OJRU tendering
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.