Senior Procurement Manager (MCIPS)
We are looking for an established procurement professional with experience of working within the public sector, to take up the newly created role of Senior Procurement Manager. Supporting the Commercial Director and the Head of Procurement you will act as a business partner and an expert to help develop a centre of excellence for procurement activity throughout a multi-disciplinary organisation. This role will be responsible for leading on the procurement of goods and services with an approximate spend of £5m annually and will achieve this by:
- Driving commercial value across the organisation to achieve budgeted targets
- Establishing a network across the GLA family of organisations as well as building a strong working relationship with Crown Commercial Services
- Proactively managing a diverse portfolio of procurement competitions which will involve the resolution of complex commercial issues and contract management
- Ensuring that supplier contracts offer appropriate protection to LLDC as well as effective supplier management
- Identifying and managing legal and project risks and obtaining legal advice when necessary.
We are looking for someone with an appropriate CIPS qualification, experience of commercial contract law and EU/UK procurement legislation. To be successful in this role you will need excellent commercial and negotiation acumen, practical experience of managing varied procurement operations and the ability to build good supplier relationships whilst acting as a business partner to internal senior stakeholders.
To find out more about this role, please click apply now to be redirected.
** LLDC supports flexible working and this post will be considered for flexible and job share arrangements**
The closing date for this position is Monday 3rd July 2017 with interviews likely to be held the following week.