Seeking a dynamic and driven procurement professional with a solid base of strategic sourcing experience to join a dedicated team for our leading Defence & Engineering client. Do you have proven operational procurement experience & and excellent track record of performance and delivery? Read on.
Our client, a multi-national market leading Defence, Technology & Services organisation has an opportunity for a Buyer to join the Operational Procurement Team within their Land Services division in Kent working across the full range of procurement activity from sourcing strategy development through to contract/supplier management. Principal category areas include construction procurement, hard and soft FM and training services.
You will report directly to the senior manager with the Land division but provide additional support across wider areas of procurement, broadening your exposure.
- Undertake sourcing activities (supply market analysis, supplier evaluation, tendering, contract drafting and supplier management).
- Work with Group Category Management teams to ensure maximum leverage from existing supply chain relationships and delivery of best value supply chain solutions
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions for all types of goods and services and draft contractual clauses, framework and service level agreements where appropriate.
- Manage the supplier due diligence evaluation process through to final sign off and supplier on boarding.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the key contract for all procurement and supply chain matters presenting a credible and professional front to key business stakeholders.
- Negotiate keen competitive prices often against demanding savings targets and sole source suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance with a particular focus on regular reviews, KPI measurement and QHSE reporting.
The ideal candidate will be or have:
- A recognised degree level qualification and/or CIPS qualification/equivalent qualification.
- Proven operational procurement experience with particular exposure to the FM/Construction category
- Excellent track record of performance and delivery.
- Experience of working with suppliers to deliver performance improvements.
- A team player who is confident, self-motivated and with a flexible approach to workload.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable taking responsibility and ownership of initiatives and delivery against requirements.
- Must have a strong capability regarding the use and presentation of data in order to make and inform decisions – excellent skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred. Ideally experience with SAP.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.