Do you have proven strategic sourcing & category management experience along with the drive, passion & leadership to challenge the status quo & make a difference, designing & implementing Supply Chain sourcing strategies across a broad range of categories?
Our client a multi-national market leading Defence, Technology & Services organisation has an opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join the Sourcing Team within their Land business unit in Dorset.
The Principal Buyer is accountable for designing and implementing Supply Chain sourcing strategies with particular focus on the functional transformation programme. This role will be part of a small team reporting directly to the unit Head of Procurement and will require some mentoring and development of team members.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering an effective procurement and supply chain for designated Land business areas
- Driving the functional transformation plan for the Land procurement team
- Developing and implementing the strategy to deliver the Standards to Excellence
- Supporting the growth agenda by providing supply chain input to Land bids
- Seeking opportunities and delivering category strategies for the Land business
- Managing the relationship with Group Category Management to ensure effective implementation of Group contracts
- Driving adoption of Ariba contract management throughout the Land procurement team
- Ensuring a smooth transition to SAP for the Land businesses
The ideal candidate will be or have:
- Relevant experience of the end to end procurement cycle from strategy development to sourcing and contract management.
- Knowledge of public and private sector commercial contracting
- Good understanding of MoD/commercial contract terms & conditions and a sound knowledge of methods of contracting with MoD regarding contractual and pricing issues
- Knowledge and application of a variety of contract forms
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience and/or MCIPS
- SC cleared or ability to obtain SC clearance is essential for this role
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.