Category Manager - Indirects
Global organisation actively seeking top talent to be part of a best practice procurement transformation. If you have a proven record in strategic sourcing, excellent stakeholder engagement skills & the drive & passion to deliver we want to hear from you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global Engineering & Manufacturing organisation that is looking to recruit a Category Manager to define and lead in the implementation of global Supplier and Category strategies to drive long-term improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Strategic Sourcing: Accountable for the development of category strategies and for ensuring the consequent execution of strategic sourcing activities through Buyers.
- Supplier Relationships: Responsible for leading and co-ordinating designated supplier relationships and strategies. Lead and co-ordinate effective Supplier relationships within the designated external buy supply chain in accordance with the Supplier Relationship policy.
- Cost Management: Ensure assigned team meets annual Purchase cost commitments. Responsible for ensuring commercial negotiations are carried out in line with Category Strategies.
- Delivery: Accountable for quality performance of assigned categories
- Quality: Accountable for quality performance of assigned categories
- Processes and Procedures: Accountable for ensuring adherence to the company’s processes and policies, maintaining purchasing systems to ensure associated KPI’s are met. Ensure Buyers are compliant and actively engaged in development/continuous improvement activities with all Purchasing Processes
- Leadership: Responsible for the leadership and development of Buyers through effective coaching and monitoring. Involved in the recruitment selection of Buyers.
You will have:
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges and cultures and ways of working.
- Experience in cross-functional working and leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Supplier Relationship Management experience at executive level.
- Experience of indirect procurement preferred
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Lean / Process Improvement experience.
- Ability to manage sourcing projects to tight timescales and engage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and cost drivers.
- Full appreciation of Total Cost of Acquisition methodology.
- Innate understanding of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Well-developed commercial acumen.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Buying
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Procurement
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Category management