Senior Strategic Buyer | Global Manufacturer | West Sussex
With operations spanning 5 continents, this Global manufacturing brand are unique in every sense of the word - your performance directly contributes to saving people’s lives. With an expansion programme that has seen their central procurement function grow significantly over the last few years, you can be rest assured you are joining this brand at an optimal point in their existence.
The role of Senior Strategic Buyer sits within the Direct Purchasing part of the Procurement function. Direct Purchasing is structured around a Category management approach, however, you are required to be flexible with the types of suppliers you work with. The purpose of the role of Senior Strategic Buyer is to manage direct material spend across many commodities achieving excellent and measured results for quality, cost and on time delivery. You will ideally have a manufacturing background and will be well versed in the sourcing and procurement of high volume direct materials.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in the development of sourcing strategies for allocated commodities taking due account of stakeholder mapping, spend analysis, understanding of current and future demands, supplier improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans to secure business continuity.
- Lead on the selection of suppliers in compliance with the sourcing process whilst ensuring selection is robust and fit for purpose
- Monitor and improve supplier’s performance on cost, quality, delivery and contract compliance.
- Deliver on achieving the lowest total cost through negotiation, value engineering, low cost country sourcing, supplier reduction and supplier consolidation
Skills and Achievements:
- Previous Buying or Category Management experience ideally for direct materials and within a Manufacturing environment.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) certification desirable
- Previous experience of working with purchasing systems
- Successful, track record in a procurement organisation
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of sourcing strategy deployment, financial concepts and the ability to create business cases
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills
- Experience with contract management and awareness and understanding of contractual law
This would suit an experienced Buyer looking for a step up in a fast paced and rapidly expanding global organisation. Please apply now!