Transport Shift Manager
Page Personnel Logistics are currently recruiting for a Transport Team Manager to work for a leading 3PL in Buckinghamshire.
Our client are a market leader within their sector who are currently experiencing aggressive growth throughout the UK. Due to an internal promotion they are looking to add additional management within the transport department.
In the role of Transport Team Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out disciplinary procedures in line with company policy and site agreement.
- Record personal and vehicular accidents fully, including documentation, communication and escalation as appropriate.
- Responsibility to audit and maintain Health and Safety standards to company policy and procedures.
- Responsibilities to ensure all procedures are followed appropriately and assist in the building of the procedures manual.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of all operations and tasks from intake of orders to dispatch of product.
- Administer team briefs feedback appropriate business information.
- Monitor and agree daily workload with the Logistics Managers and Planning Manager to allocate correct levels of resource within cost and productivity targets
- Ensure Time and Attendance, holiday allocation and staff administration is managed effectively.
- Supervise the Transport office with your fellow Supervisor during the hours not covered by the Logistics Support Manager.
- Discuss and agree working practices, process and procedures with management and operatives to drive continuous improvements in cost and service.
- Ensure all information and communications required on a department and inter-department level, are executed in a professional, timely and proactive manner, and that all escalation procedures are followed.
- Deal with vehicle breakdowns in the absence of fleet representation and liaise with fleet generally to minimise costs.
- Ensure rotas for drivers and yard staff are maintained and communicated.
We are looking for candidate with similar level of experience who are looking to progress in their career. will ideally have a CPC although it is not essentially. Candidates should be assertive, highly motivated and have a flexible approach to work.
This role is available on a full time permanent contract and offering a competitive salary and benefits. Candidates will work 4 on 4 off and will cover both day and night shifts.