Currently recruiting a Senior Buyer position for a Chemical/Petrochemical Business on the Wirral, for a 6-12month rolling contract.
Senior Buyer, for a Chemical/Petrochemical Business on the Wirral, for a rolling 6-12month contract.
The role of Senior Buyer will oversee the following:
- To define, analyse, develop sourcing strategy for the relevant category of spend
- Implementation and management of a strategic category structure via clear Buyer Business Plans (BBP) and contract pipelines
- Management and completion of all requests for quotations and approaches to market from site for all spend related to the category
- Develop and maintain required (management) reports and spend analysis and report value improvements.
- Communicate and manage relationship with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Responsible for contract strategy & award
The successful candidate will have the following background:
- Relevant Technical or Business Degree
- Purchasing experience in related role.
- Working towards or has achieved CIPS Professional Diploma (L6)
- Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management.
- ERP Systems Knowledge, especially SAP
- Experience in managing the "procure to pay" cycle of complex and diverse
- Commodities Relevance: Facilities Management both Hard and Soft Services, Engineering Services, Occupational Health, Civil and Construction Services, Transport contracts, Plant Hire, HR related Services and Marketing and Brand related services
Competitive day rate