Procurement Manager - Manufacturing (£40K)
A world class Manufacturing organisation, with annual revenues in excess of $1 billion, have an urgent requirement for a number of Senior Buyers within their rapidly growing Procurement & Supply Chain function, focused on the full spectrum of Materials, Electronics and Component sourcing. Driven by continuous successful business growth and investment in this world class brand, the Procurement & Supply Chain function is experiencing an exciting phase of unparalleled growth, acting as a key facilitator for change, driving best practice across the breadth of the Manufacturing Supply Chain.
This is a fast paced environment, driven by high technology and an ever increasing international customer base.
The jobholder will take full end to end ownership of an assigned category or commodity portfolio, with responsibility for the design and execution of sourcing and supply chain strategy. The jobholder will play a key role in the continued optimisation of the Supply Chain, delivering year on year cost savings in support of the growth targets for the business. You will be tasked with leading complex, cross category negotiations, within commodities such as Electrical Components, Wiring, Circuit Boards, Lights & Conductors, Metals and Plastics. An understanding of a commercial environment is key, working across multiple product lines, with key deliverables in place, against dedicated timelines. Knowledge of implementation and management of Supplier Contracts would also be an advantage to this position.
Ultimately this is a hands on, delivery focused role, within a fast paced manufacturing environment, operating to the highest standards.
- Demonstrates experience in "direct" procurement, gained in a fast-moving Manufacturing environment
- Experience from an Electrical, Aerospace, Automotive or Tier 1 Manufacturing environment, would be beneficial
- Experience of designing & implementing Category/Commodity strategy
- Evidence of delivering savings/value from existing suppliers and contracts
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, ideally gained in a complex multi-divisional environment
- Degree and/or MCIPS is preferred, but not essential