Senior Procurement Consultant (Indirects, IT, Marketing)
Location: Client site based with weekly travel UK wide
Do you have experience in Indirect, IT or Marketing Procurement? Are you seeking a challenging role which will offer you the opportunity to work in a range of industries? If so our rapidly growing Consulting client are currently seeking a range of levels of experience to join their business.
As a Senior Consultant, you will work closely with clients to drive savings through excellent procurement.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of cost improvement initiatives across direct and indirect categories for a range of leading businesses UK wide and globally. Previous Marketing and/or IT category experience is highly desirable although not essential.
Ideal candidates will be degree and CIPS (or studying towards) qualified. Preferably you will have 3-6 years of procurement experience and will be keen to take the next step in your career. Any previous consulting experience would be advantageous but not essential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing Consultancy where you will be offered excellent training and development potential.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Spend analysis
• Supply market and product analysis
• Development of sourcing and category strategies
• Managing tender and e-auction processes
• Conducting supplier negotiations
• Managing a variety of stakeholders, at all levels
• Implementation of cost improvement plans
• An excellent degree
• Career experience within procurement and/or consultancy
• Strong analytical skills
• Enjoy solving complex problems
• Clear understanding of technical issues
• Very good communication skills
• Flexible, and the ability to work hard as part of a team and to work well under pressure
• Language skills an advantage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Consulting teams are based on-site with clients, so you must be prepared to travel
Our client is a rapidly expanding consulting business who need dynamic and committed people to support their growth. If you've got the talent and the attitude, they will give you the responsibility and the rewards with fantastic career development paths.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to call Adam to discuss your application in more detail.