The role of the Advanced Purchaser is to anticipate the specific requirements for new projects.
Your new company
In the last four year this organisations sales turnover has grown from approximately £9M to almost £40M.
In 2016 they opened there overseas facilities and are continuing to grow with plans to move into Asia. The plan for the organisation is to continue to grow and they already have an order book in excess of £400M up to 2022.
Your new role
The role of the Advanced Purchaser is to anticipate the specific requirements for new projects (supplier
technologies, geographical location and target costs), and to ensure the commodity strategy
is appropriate to support the acquisition. The role continues to select and pilot suppliers from
the approved Supplier List in order to achieve Project objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
1) A professional background gained within the Automotive supply chain arena
2) Three years plus of advanced experience in an automotive professional purchasing
capacity (i.e. technical/commodity purchasing, project purchasing etc.)
3) Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics
4) Experience with supplier analysis and evaluation (i.e. quality, capacity, cost, etc.)
5) Experience with supplier bidding process and complex negotiations
6) Experience with APQP and/or project management tools and methods
7) Deep knowledge of purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business
8) Deep Knowledge of cost improvement/containment topics and techniques
9) Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project etc.)
10)Superior analytical abilities with a high attention to detail
11)Proven ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment
12)Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and
13)Solid organisational and time/project management skills
14)Experience with ERP systems
15)Ability / willingness to travel both domestically and internationally - valid driver's
license is needed
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join a growing organisation that is expanding globally and has a strong order book. You will have the opportunity to select and pilot suppliers from the approved Supplier List in order to achieve Project objectives.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.