Category Manager - Indirects
Do you have the drive & proven Indirect category management experience to lead a step-change in Procurement, to develop & deliver strategic sourcing solutions for our market leading Marketing, Print & Customer Communications client in Leeds?
Our client a market leading Marketing, Print & Customer Communications company in Leeds has an urgent requirement for Category Manager responsible for the Group’s Indirect category spend. You will be responsible for developing and delivering the Indirect spend category strategy that will enable the business to reduce cost, improve efficiency and customer service, optimise opportunities for product and service innovation, reduce complexity, remove risk and standardise terms and conditions. This role is based in Leeds.
You will be responsible for:
- Full accountability for the Indirect category;
- Developing and delivering in collaboration with senior management in each division, a category strategy that will enable the business to reduce cost, improve efficiency and customer service.
- Optimising opportunities for product and service innovation, reduce complexity, remove risk and standardise terms and conditions.
- Adding value by delivering new products or services, unlocking efficiency gains and cost reduction, be a leader of change for the business as a whole.
- Accountable for one or more categories, you will establish and lead cross-functional teams to gather, manipulate and analyse information regarding spend, supply history etc.
- Developing in association with key stakeholders and suppliers a strategy for the category that is innovative and will deliver break-through results
- Negotiating “best value” deals with the strategic & non-strategic suppliers in line with the agreed guidelines.
- Developing the capabilities of Category Management via the introduction of best practice procurement processes.
- Leading and working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to develop category strategies in partnership.
- Leading and developing dispersed cross-functional teams; ensuring engagement, developing the capabilities of team members and ensuring objectives are achieved.
- Relationship management of core suppliers and contributing to the wider category management process.
You will have/be:
- Graduate or graduate calibre with preferably CIPS.
- Procurement experience gained within a blue chip/professional environment.
- Proven experience of managing Indirect categories across multiple stakeholder groups and/or locations.
- Excellent category management experience with thorough knowledge of a professional sourcing process models.
- Previous experience of delivering a step-change in sourcing.
- Good understanding and appreciation of professional purchasing practices.
- Leadership – ability to influence and lead a wide range of stakeholders and project team members from different parts of the business on a “change journey.
- Commercial Awareness & Acumen - understanding business priorities and goals, and developing robust and innovative category strategies.
- Previous experience of manipulating and analysing numerical data;
- Experience of working in a service-oriented organization with demanding customers;
- Drive & Results - Proven track record of delivering cost reduction/supplier improvement projects on-time and within budget.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Ltd (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.