Senior Sourcing Specialist – IT
Location: Fareham – 30% travel to Swindon, London, Farnborough and Cheltenham
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and dynamic Sourcing Specialist to work within the UK procurement function.
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for the management of procurement activity in the IT category. To achieve this, the Sourcing specialist will need to work with the business areas to provide professional procurement input into projects. The extent of the support will vary, but potentially may cover all aspects of the procurement process from spend analysis and market evaluation through to contract creation, negotiation and award.
The Sourcing specialist will also be required to contribute to Category plans and development of supplier spend data and reporting, supporting the setup of new vendors and data analysis.
This role will be key to ensure that the business select the most appropriate vendors by considering the business requirements, evaluating these commercially to achieve the best value for money solutions.
The Sourcing specialist may also be called upon to support team activities and initiatives, and while the position is IT focused the candidate may need to support other categories as required.
• Lead and take accountability for delivery of sourcing services such as deal development and negotiation.
• Coach and advise customer stakeholders as well as relevant supplier management teams that customers are engaged with on elements of sourcing.
• Manage the initiative pipeline ensure resources are adequately assigned.
• Own key supplier relationships relevant to the customer if applicable, including issue resolution, driving supplier performance and direction, supporting the supplier governance process.
• Identify and assess new solutions, new offerings, challenges and opportunities.
• Facilitate discussions between Supplier and the organization's stakeholders on selected opportunities and solutions.
• Provide specialist advice to address specific technical queries from internal clients and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with the organisation´s policies and processes and regulatory requirements.
• Understand business requirements and priorities.
• Responsible for obtaining all approvals as part of full management process from required functions depending on the deals.
• Play the role of intermediary between supplier and customer as required.
• Contribute to the enhancement of tools, frameworks templates, contract terms and other artefacts.
• Provide thought leadership in structuring the Supplier Portfolio and Outsourcing deals including pricing methodology.
Your skills and experience:
• Recognised industry professional qualification (e.g. CIPS / ISM) or equivalent working experience
• Associate’s/Technical degree (or equivalent) and 2 or more years of experience in related field is an advantage
• Proven experience of working within Project Management, Vendor Management, Service Management, Sourcing Advisory etc.
• Professional Services experience to include – EPS, Legal Services, HR and Marketing
• Development and knowledge of commercial constructs, standard contract terms
• Working knowledge of regulatory aspects with respect to the organisation’s operating environment, the insurance sector both in the UK and further afield.
• Intimate knowledge of customer contracts between Segments and their strategic suppliers and the operational aspects of such terms – ADM, ITO, Desktop services and BPO.
• Experience in developing high quality documentation, professional presentations and executive reporting material
• Experience in negotiating technical and commercial contractual material.
• Experience of facilitating customer strategy sessions and conduct workshops to identify and create sourcing opportunities
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our 4 million customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us