Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
Summary of Opportunity:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to lead the Purchasing & Supply Chain team and become a key member of the Operations Management Team at this innovative and exciting business. The Purchasing & Supply Chain function requires a professional approach to move it to the next stage in terms of process development and efficiency. Analox is a growing business with around 76 employees, most of whom reside in North Yorkshire (UK), 4 who are over in California (USA). Analox specialises in the design & manufacture of atmosphere monitoring products and systems for a wide range of industries, including military submarines and diving, each industry posing specific supply chain challenges.
This opportunity would ideally be suited to a candidate who was experienced in the major aspects of this role. They must have a good sense of vision, practical capability and the drive to implement changes based on theory learned through experience & education. The successful candidate will be required to run all aspects of this part of the supply chain from daily management through to strategic planning and risk management.
Reporting into the Operations Director, the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager is ultimately required to lead a small team, ensuring that the supply chain is sustainable, effective & efficient across all aspects of purchasing, supplier management, and materials/warehouse control. The Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager is also accountable for the annual materials spend for the business (2016 spend £1.8m), as well as for the effective management and representation of the material holding (currently ~£1m).
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Set clear departmental objectives in line with operations objectives with clear operational targets. SA223 Issue 3 Mar 2016
● Working as a team player, to lead, coach & motivate other team members to be the best they can be.
● Critical objective of delivering on time in full kits at >95% on time to production to maximise production efficiency
● Strategic cost reduction in line with business requirements.
● Attend daily, data driven KPI meetings with colleagues from the Purchasing & Supply Chain team (8.45am), as well as the Operations Management Team (9.15am).
● Utilising effective tools to monitor and manage supplier performance from source, managing cost, risk and performance in line with the defined procedures as per ISO 9001.
● Critical involvement in new product introduction, providing advice and guidance to the engineering team on preferred suppliers, resisting the use of new or risky suppliers where possible.
● Provide robust obsolescence management and material management in line with contractual through life support requirements (can be up to 40 years!)
● Ensure the processes & procedures that support the activities undertaken by the department are accurate and fit for purpose.
● Undertaking ongoing supply chain planning and associated supply chain activities effectively and efficiently measuring costs against budget (using tools in the ERP/MRP system).
● Strategically, managing stock down to its optimum level for current manufacturing demands, using stock turns as a scaleable measure.
● Seek to embrace & work with the ‘Analox Improvement Approach’ to deliver continuous improvement against departmental quality, cost & delivery objectives based on data analysis.
1) To support other company departments as and when required to enable the company to achieve its objectives.
2) Personal training and development to complement Analox’s objectives.
3) Maintaining awareness of the company Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
4) Understand the importance of the customer in everything we do and carry out all duties in this role in line with Analox Customer Service Policy
5) An ongoing personal commitment to continuous performance improvement and personal development is required of all Analox employees to enable the company to achieve its mission and to continue to build on its tradition of excellence.
6) All candidates must be able to obtain Security Clearance