Category Manager (Corporate Services)
Would you like to work for a leading global investment company with offices in 28 countries?
Procurement People have been engaged to seek a Corporate Services Category Manager to be responsible for sourcing, developing, and procuring specific products and services with a focus on areas such as IT, Facilities, HR and Marketing.
You will support supply management concepts with the focus on cost reduction and limit corporate risk. Responsibilities may include direct supervision of individual Commodity Specialists on commodity teams as well as participation in the Vendor Risk Management program.
• Keeps abreast of market trends and evaluates and recommends departmental process improvements.
• Leads negotiations and contracting activities with vendors, minimizing risk and maximizing potential cost savings while allowing flexibility to adapt to the changing organizational requirements. This includes Request for Proposal and Request for Information; proposal analysis and contract creation; review and approval plus all procurement responses to internal customer requests.
• Develops new contracts by negotiating with vendors/contractors; assist in preparing scopes of work and/or specifications; writing contracts; writing terms and conditions; investigating alternative purchasing methods and recommending procedures for implementation.
• Develops Contractor performance measures and manages evaluations by analyzing overall performance, identifying key performance indicators, and composing vendor/contractor ratings.
• Prepares and presents reports by compiling, reviewing, and analyzing data and providing written and/or oral reports to management.
• Develops strategic planning for corporate procurement to deliver results to meet corporate objectives.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced Procurement personnel.
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of contract law, contract development, language, terms, conditions, etc.
• Skill in developing, interpreting and implementing internal policies, procedures and regulations.
• Ability to develop and execute a vendor risk management strategy.
• Knowledge of specific commodity types (IT, Facilities, HR, Portfolio Management/Market Data/Research, Marketing, etc.)
• Strong MS Word, Excel, Access, SAP, Adobe Acrobat, MS SMS and MS Project.
• Degree in business or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
• Ideally CIPS qualified
• 7 years of procurement, sourcing, supplier/vendor management, commodity management, contract negotiation and/or personnel management experience required.
• Previous management/supervisory experience
This is a great opportunity to join a leading global organisation going through exciting periods of growth. You will be offered a varied and challenging role with high demands but high reward.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to call Adam to discuss your application in more detail.