Are you a great negotiator with a proven track record of sourcing responsibly and to budget, looking for a new opportunity to join a great business? If so, this may be an excellent opportunity for you. As Senior Buyer at Aunt Bessie’s, you will be responsible for:
- Managing category spend utilising the 7 stage sourcing process, ensuring robust category strategies are developed for spend areas.
- Ensuring all categories are in line with the businesses sustainable sourcing policy (the Aunt Bessie’s Way).
- Ensuring categories are delivered at or below budget, supporting cost optimisation projects.
- Supporting cost optimisation by establishing and managing value stream mapping plans with key category suppliers.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out with consideration of Aunt Bessie’s values and ethical procurement policy.
- Identifying potential supply issues and take appropriate action to avoid their occurrence.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience of communicating openly with colleagues and suppliers, ensuring that decisions are timely, appropriate and business focused. You will also have the following skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level in a business\related subject
- MCIPS – minimum CIPS level 4 or working towards
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyse risk and financially assess supply options
- Knowledge of commodity\packaging markets – Wheat, Edible oils, Plastics
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent organisational skills
- Positive personal attitude at all times
- Prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve results
- Experience in e-sourcing platforms
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Contract management experience
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary, stakeholder pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, 25 holidays plus the opportunity to participate in our holiday purchase scheme as well as many more great benefits.
As part of the William Jackson Food Group, a family owned business; Aunt Bessie’s is a company with strong values and the desire to balance short and long term growth whilst being the market leader in Frozen Yorkshire Puddings and having a strong portfolio of frozen accompaniments, meal centres, vegetables and desserts. Being synonymous with the traditional taste and values of home-cooked food, Aunt Bessie’s provides a helping hand in the kitchen and is committed to building a business to be proud of.
This role is based in Hull and is commutable from the surrounding areas including York, Leeds, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, and East Yorkshire.
Closing date: Friday 21st July 2017