Supply Chain (NPD) Project Manager
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 organisation, who require an Project Manager to lead key initiatives within consumer products and NPD supply chain across EMEA. An extremely agile, fantastic company to work for this will be a truly outstanding opportunity for someone with a track record in the management of NPD/NPI & product-focused projects/programs in a fast-paced environment, operating close to a dynamic supply chain vertical.
- The Project Manager, is responsible for leading projects on the company priority list. This can include New Product developments, New product introductions and Base Business harmonization projects intended to combine Strategic Initiatives, and Business necessity projects setting the stage for a overall cost savings and GP improvement over the next 3 years.
- The scope of projects will include Products in all categories in Medicinal Consumer from development / request stage through launch stage. Composition of project teams is cross-functional (e.g. R&D, Marketing, Operations, etc.), cross company (company subsidiaries in Europe) and may include outside development partners.
- The Project Manager is responsible for delivering project scope and accountable for managing risk, timelines and ensuring project processes and standards are followed.
- The Project Manager may be aligned to several brands and Global Business Units and is responsible for communicating project progress and impact of change, deployment and coordination of project resources, and the overall project.
Lead overall project execution and accountable for achieving project goals on time. This includes:
- Project definition
- Project planning
- Assuring operational readiness
- Leading cross functional teams through each phase of the project
- Coordinating all activities to ensure project remains on track
- Monitoring and managing risks and opportunities
- 2+ years' experience in FMCG or closely-related industry.
- 2+ years' experience managing cross-functional expertise (R&D, Franchise Marketing, Packaging development, Procurement). Product knowledge is a must have.
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- Ideally the majority of your FMCG supply chain expertise will focus around NPD/NPI verticals.
- Experience with leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of team dynamics
- Broad business acumen with knowledge of project related finance
- Knowledge of planning and organization
- Experience with new product development processes and terminology
- Project Management Professional (PPM) a plus
- Masters Degree in technical or management field a plus
- Highly effective knowledge of organizational & business acumen. The program will a high level of visibility with upper management / boards, and therefore requires good skills in rhetoric, presentation and cross functional stakeholder management