Interim Logistics Co-Ordinator
1st Executive are retained by a global FMCG FTSE100 organisation. They require an ambitious and driven individual with around 2-3 years commercial experience to join their fast-paced supply chain function, taking the role on of Logistics Co-Ordinator. This is a great opportunity to gain global, blue-chip company exposure.
- To coordinate the daily activities with logistics/3PL service providers with regards to primary distribution, shipping & handling and secondary transportation to ensure safe, cost effective and high quality services targeting the maximisation of the customers satisfaction.
- To supervise logistics providers performance over time and apply corrective actions to meet the targets.
- Ensure that logistics providers comply with company health & safety and quality control policies.
- Monitoring S & H and transportation actual costs.
- Ensure that health&safety and quality control policies for all shipping & handling and transportation activities are adhered, aiming for prevention of incidents.
- Follow up customers' queries and complaints.
- Ensure appropriate management of customer complaints originated by supply chain in coordination with GBS/CSC, including RCA, analysis of trends and action plan with contractors.
- Provide relevant logistics information in case of queries (delivery status, costs, lead times, etc).
- Support Distribution/Logistics Manager in issuing and maintaining procedures and working instructions to support operations.
- Support Distribution/Logistics Manager in auditing activities as required.
- Review and validate within the company system all stock movements and periodically review and align inventory records between the company and logistics contractors.
- Maintain freight costing data in SAP in order to ensure a correct estimation of logistics providers invoices.
- Monitor the correct functioning of automatic interfaces with logistics contractors.
- Coordinate transportation and S & H daily operations taking into account capacity constraints and business priorities.
- Experience in a customer service-driven role, ideally within supply chain, logistics or a similar business. Prior knowledge of the distribution industry would be beneficial
- Computer literate, strong Excel user.
- Active listening skills.
- Able to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities.
- Strong service orientation - demonstrating the ability to set and maintain high standards of customer service, actively looking for ways to satisfy the customer.
- Excellent team member encouraging and respecting the contribution of others and proactively sharing information and ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization.