Senior Category Manager – Construction and Engineering
Major Services Company on the South Coast; is seeking an experienced Category Manager - Construction and Engineering.
The organisation is going through a ground breaking Procurement transformation program; to help drive this change the business is looking for an experienced Category Manager for Construction and Engineering Projects. This role offers exciting opportunities for an experienced and ambitious Category Manager.
Previous OJEU experience preferred, as is awareness of NEC3 contracts and sourcing in an engineering/construction environment. However, if you have Category management experience, and experience of writing category plans but not within this environment, do give us a call for a chat.
You will develop and implement specific category strategies across Engineering and Construction categories, strategic sourcing and supplier management strategies and plans within these categories, whilst ensuring alignment with and delivery of the organisations business plans. You will be responsible for the delivery of the full sourcing life cycle, from strategy creation and execution (supplier qualification, assessment, selection and contract award) through to implementation (supplier mobilisation and transition). You will be leading strategic purchasing initiatives within an organisation that has crossed functional and business boundaries.
- To lead and manage a team of Assistant Category Managers ensuring that leading procurement practice techniques are employed both by themselves and the team to drive maximum value for Southern Water, whilst maintaining compliance to all Procurement policies, processes and systems and providing robust risk management
- To develop senior working relationships across the organisation that allow the; early involvement of Procurement in any external third party spend for the relevant categories, identification of joint Procurement and business initiatives and development of collaborative working between Southern Water and the external third party supply chain, to drive cost reduction and supplier relationships that achieve ongoing value creation
- To achieve annual savings targets as agreed with the Head of Category and senior business stakeholders
- To undertake all associated commercial activity to achieve value creation, minimise total cost of ownership and deliver the full sourcing lifecycle, from strategy creation and execution through to implementation, supplier and contract management.
- Deliver the purchasing category strategies including sourcing activities through insight and analysis of category and sub category areas, including.
- Analysis of purchasing spend and supply base to establish suppliers per purchasing category and sub category
- Analysis of supply markets to identify potential suppliers and market trends
- Identification of internal and external cost drivers in the categories.
- Development of savings opportunities and benchmarking of industry standards and practices to identify quick win opportunities
Your Experience and Skills
- In depth commercial understanding of contracting options & drafting
- Broad knowledge of SM techniques including SRM
- Strategic thinker
- Commercial Effectiveness
- Business Expertise
- Ability to develop compelling category strategies and sourcing strategies
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Communication with impact and influence
- Strong Project Management skills
- Robust data analysis skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Logical thinker with the ability to operate at both a strategic and detailed level
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to use a recognised Project Planning tools
- Ability to work with others within the department and across the organisation to obtain critical information.
- Ability to manage a number of projects as part of a larger programme of change
- Evidence of successful delivery of purchasing strategy and benefits
- Proven experience of leading strategic purchasing initiatives within an organisation that has crossed functional and business boundaries
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships internally with other business areas and externally with suppliers
- Degree Educated
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain and Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Transport jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Transport jobs in Buying
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Transport jobs in Procurement
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Transport jobs in Supply chain
- £60,000 - £79,999 Specialist Transport jobs in Category management