An international and multi-site Chilled Food Manufacturer are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team in South Lincolnshire due to continued growth and investment. We are seeking Quality professionals from a Chilled/High Care Food Manufacturing background. Whether you are an experienced manager or seeking to progress from a supervisory to a management role then this could be the opportunity for you.
The role will include full responsibility for advising on all technical aspects of factory production and its environment on relevant shifts, ensuring that all products meet Customer and legal requirements, particularly for food safety as well as working alongside Operations to drive Continuous Improvement.
The Quality Assurance Manager must be able to react quickly to changing circumstances and make decisions based on fact. They should be independent of outside influence and not to be swayed by external factors. The Quality Assurance Manager is a hands on role requiring high organisation and the ability to operate at a high level of autonomy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality Management Systems.
* Monitoring of factory cleaning, housekeeping and hygiene standards.
* Corrective action and control of non-conforming product and ingredients.
* Provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments.
* Responsible for the management of line Technical Staff, to include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance monitoring, counselling and disciplining.
* Product/process/environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPIs
* Liaise with Customers and Statutory Bodies during factory visits and audits.
* Analysis of microbiological and chemical results.
* Participation in the internal, independent auditing team as required.
* Management of serious incidents and corrective actions/preventative measures.
* Crisis Management.
* Water Quality Management.
* Monitoring and implementing staff training and responsibilities.
* Experience working in a fast paced environment.
* Previous Food manufacturing experience is essential.
* Customer visits and report writing.
Apply for QA Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly