Procurement Specialist - Global Engineering Firm
Procurement Specialist - Indirect Categories - Global Engineeing Firm - Houston, Texas - Clear Career Progression Path - $70,000 - $80,000 + Bonus + Package
This Global $Multi-Billion Engineering organisation is growing their Procurement function in the US, and as such they are looking to take on a talented Indirect Procurement Specialist to support the Head of Procurement in a range of categories. Due to the nature of the role, this opportunity will allow the successful candidate to choose which categories they wish to focus on, including IT, Professional Services and Facilities Management, to fully take control of their career path. With clear progression opportunities into Category Management within 12 - 18 months, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Procurement professional.
Role Overview; Indirect Procurement Specialist:
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in developing Category strategies across a range of Indirect categories, including but limited to IT, Professional Services and Facilities Management
- Leading sourcing processes from RFI/RFP through to supplier negotiation and contract management to deliver excellent cost savings whilst also seeing how value can be added to the business
- Engaging and negotiating with new and existing suppliers to develop long-term, commercially fruitful relationships
- Working closely with Executive-Level stakeholders to support business strategy and represent the procurement team as a value-add function
Procurement Background and Requirements:
- Experience in strategic sourcing and engaging across the full end-to-end Procurement process, including RFI/RFQ, tendering, contracts and post-contract award management. Preferably within indirect/services categories
- A resume detailing savings delivered as a result of strategic sourcing activities, as well as value-add activities
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; negotiating and influencing at all seniority levels across both internal and external stakeholders
As this global giant continues to expand their Procurement Function, the Procurement Specialist will see their responsibilities increase as they are developed into a Category Manager. Working with Senior Stakeholders and the Head of Procurement out of Houston offices, this opportunity will see the Procurement Specialist managing $Multi-Million spends.
For more information, email an up-to-date resume to jobsGA@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or apply directly through this site
Keywords: Procurement, Procurement Specialist, Strategic Sourcing, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Negotiation, Global, FTSE 250, Engineering, Houston, Texas