New role for a Buyer
Your new company
A leading provider of resources to the public sector
Your new role
This is a role which focuses on supplier management
- Managing suppliers by reviewing and implementing improvement plans, negotiating service level agreements and monitoring performance. Actively review the supply base to maintain and improve reliability and efficiency in line with strategic goals.
- Deliver cost reduction initiatives, delivering sustainable gross margin improvements through negotiation and resourcing of product through global sourcing
- Source new suppliers ensuring conformance to quality standards and expectations. Manage annual cost price negotiations with existing suppliers to reduce impact of increases on the overall margin of the business
- Constantly look for continuous improvement opportunities in line with supply chain best practice, focusing heavily on improving customer satisfaction
- Negotiate contracts and tenders within a project management atmosphere
- Continuous review of products, working with suppliers to re-engineer delivering improved designs and costs
What you'll need to succeed
- A good standard of education . Candidates who hold or are working towards a relevant professional qualification will have a distinct advantage.
- A high degree of IT literacy - competent user of Microsoft Office
- At least three years' Purchasing experience,, including knowledge of purchase ordering procedures and experience of successfully managing multiple accounts .
What you'll get in return
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Private Health Care
* Career opportunities and development
* Training and qualifications supported
* Bonus scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.