Have responsibility for a spend portfolio c £300m while leading a team of commercial procurement professionals in Bradford / Leeds
A public sector organisation based in Bradford, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Procurement Manager based in Bradford, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Lead Procurement Strategies to achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Provide professional advice on technical procurement matters to the business and operational colleagues to ensure that the capital and revenue budgets are spent in accordance with budget strategies and comply with Financial Regulations, Regional Contract Standing Orders and EU Procurement legislation.
- Allocate appropriate resources to specific procurement, sub categories and customers in order to maximise the delivery of cashable procurement savings and ensure operational requirements are met.
- Lead the strategic direction on specific categories and influence national
- Represent the s procurement needs and negotiate and influence senior Leaders to achieve the benefits of collaborative procurement.
- Develop and lead the long term commercial and procurement savings strategy for specific categories in collaboration with the customer ensuring quantifiable cashable efficiencies are identified, prioritised, delivered and reported.
- Lead high profile procurements to ensure their effective delivery.
- Lead, motivate and develop employees throughout the procurement management team.
- Line manage the performance and development of c10 direct reports and their staff to ensure all staff are operating effectively.
- Provide strategic direction and support to the senior management team.
- Lead the delivery of the procurement and category management elements of the procurement vision and business plan.
- Experience of developing and implementing major financial savings through business planning.
- Relevant experience of managing all aspects of significant value procurement contracts and category management, and delivery of quantifiable and cashable procurement efficiencies
- Relevant experience of managing diverse and complex procurement requirements of significant value
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing collaborative procurement projects of significant complexity and value
- Demonstrated experience of managing and developing staff
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Diploma full corporate membership (MCIPS), Level 6 Graduate Diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of EU Procurement legislation
- Relevant degree
Up to £55000 per annum dependent on experience + pension + car allowance + bonus + 28 days holiday + stats.