Buyer, Ingredients | Award Winning FMCG Brand | Surrey
This award winning, independently owned FMCG brand has seen exponential growth in world-wide sales and now has operations in over 20 countries. As such, their Procurement team has the requirement for an experienced Buyer to join the team as they continue to expand and increase their presence in the global market.
As Buyer, you will be working as part of a high achieving team and be responsible for undertaking all activities relating to sourcing individual products. You will take a pro-active role in the company and will at times be expected to support the sales team in their commercial negotiations with the customer base. Ideally, you will have previous experience in buying and sourcing ingredients from worldwide suppliers.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with all existing and new suppliers.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned product groups including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain security issues and key suppliers for each product group
- Assist with the tender submissions
- Collaborate with the Technical Team on supplier quality issues and quality monitoring to include resolving problems at supplier sites
- Support Sales, Technical, Supply Chain and suppliers regarding New Product Development
- Research the market and/or new markets as required to extend and improve the company’s product ranges
- Managing product supply to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels
- Manage contracts and the timely delivery of products, including correct packaging and quality.
Qualifications & Competencies
- 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree (Industrial year desirable)
- Second language useful preferably Spanish or French
- Confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritise, multi task and meet deadlines
- Analytically and process minded
- Exceptional negotiation technique
- Strong commercial and financial management skills
- Highly motivated and project-driven
The application process for this role opens today (17/7/2017) so to be one of the first to apply please do this asap!