Currently working with a well know Public Sector Business in the Manchester region who are looking to appoint a Procurement Manager. The role with support the Procurement Function in developing a more robust/efficient approach whilst looking to introduce new solutions to reduce cost.
Public Sector Business, based in the Manchester region, who require a Procurement Manager.
The role of Procurement Manager will oversee the following in this position:
- Responsible for the contracts being established in accordance with Procurement Directives,
- Look to develop best practice procurement techniques with due consideration for initiatives being run
- Ensure all tender and contract documentation is completed in a timely and correct manner across the procurement team.
- Responsible for a procurement team
- Liaise with individuals at various levels, internally and externally, including external organisations, in order to progress various aspects of procurement project work.
- Lead on the tendering, award and ongoing management of collaborative frameworks for use regionally and nationally, on behalf of other forces and/or authorities.
- Monitor, evaluate and implement changes in procurement legislation and international standards for all goods and services.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following background:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Exposure to OJEU Procurement
- Experience of working within a Public Sector/Large Private Sector Organisation
- Experience of running a full tendor process and contract management
- Exposure to project management would be ideal
- Proven track record in driving cost reduction programmes
- Ability to liaise/negotiate with 3rd Party Supplier
- Ability to manage a team