Interim Procurement Buyer
A strong procurement generalist to able to support a respected procurement function.
Looking for someone with 1-3 years working in procurement across any category.
A global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them.
- To manage our procurement system, BQMS, and monitor requests for quotations from marketing. Mitigate possible risks by securing IP rights, managing early payments and liaising with agencies to provide sufficient level of details in their quotes.
- Support Procurement Manager embedding procurement into the business through networking with colleagues and excellent stakeholder management.
- Procurement lead for efficiency project (cross functional team) involving mapping processes, developing training materials and plan and delivering processes. Also leading training sessions and workshops for marketing stakeholders.
- To liaise with marketing to ensure that requirements are clear
- To liaise with suppliers to enable them to provide quotations
- To provide quotations for Marketing within a timely manner
- To support HR, IT, Marketing and Facilities projects
- Create procurement strategies and category guides (for example Facilities).
- To pick up and lead small to medium size tenders across all business areas
- To support Procurement Manager on complex tenders
- To investigate other potential optimisation areas and propose solutions.
- Self motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Process orientated
- Commercial awareness
Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and networking
- Positive attitude and the ability to inspire confidence in others
- Familiar with Purchase to Pay system
- Accuracy and attention to detail, able to demonstrate good numerical and verbal reasoning
£22.40 an hour for 6 months initial but scope to be extended.