Transport/ Shipping Supervisor
You will be responsible for managing the dispatch and transportation of both Production and Non-Production stock and also manage the EU Import/Export for the plant and Technology centre in an efficient and economic manner, whilst managing the team to ensure defined processes are followed in an accurately and efficiently.
My client is a global leader in the Logistics industry. They are specialists in the manufacturing of sustainable technologies and are extremely passionate regarding the efficient use of our planets natural resources.
- To ensure the dispatch and transportation of both Production and Non-Production stock - for other areas of Royston Clean Air - in an efficient and economic manner
- Processing of dispatches includes all quotation work, customs preparation and documentation, dispatch planning and forecasting in accordance to legal requirements, security and insurance policy, customer requirements, NUBNR objectives and customs and duty control, whilst using carriers that have been vetted and are approved.
- Expediting of stock through post production inspection activities including the liaising and managing stock through the Quality Control department and ensuring planners know when to have stock available for release.
- Planning dispatches to meet stakeholder requirements, including customer requirements, transport planning and production planning, ensuring customers receive the correct products
- Managing team to ensure defined processes are followed in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant logistics or supply chain subject or equivalent professional qualification
- A highly developed understanding of import / export legislation including duties, tariff codes and Incoterms
- Previous exposure to a highly varied and fast-paced logistics/manufacturing environment with freight forwarders, custom brokers and professional services
- Experience of using an automated planning process or ERP
- Sound knowledge of stock control procedures ideally within a manufacturing or precious metals environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strategic working relationships across departments.
Competitive salary + benefits package