Buyer / Scheduler
- Full Time
Chance to showcase procurement talents with a market leader in Nottingham!
My client is the UK's leading Off-Site Building Solutions business, which is a subsidiary of one of the largest modular home buildings in North America with revenues in excess of £540m.
They operate across multiple sectors, delivering a comprehensive range of innovative Off-Site Solutions. They operate in the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
Across all of these sectors, their manufacturing and construction sites continually strive to find a better way of delivering high quality Off-Site Solutions that achieves our client's goals more efficiently, more affordably, and more effectively.
The Buyer/Scheduler's main responsibility at the Nottingham site is to ensure the quality, quantity, and price of raw materials needed to produce products ordered by CML customers. This position requires that the Buyer/Scheduler possesses the ability to work closely with project teams to understand the weekly production requirements, as well as, to work closely with vendors to understand market changes, which will impact supply requirements (Steel etc).
The Buyer/Scheduler is also responsible for working with the Supply Chain Manager to maintain inventory accuracy and for exercising independent judgement.
To be successful in applying for role of Buyer / Scheduler within manufacturing and production you must be able to prove success at a purchasing level (3+ years preferable).
Furthermore, the successful Buyer / Scheduler must be able to and have shown the ability to:
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Analyse price proposals and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Review catalogues, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
Finally, Microsoft skills are essential.
The Buyer / Scheduler will be offered:
- Competitive Salary
- Progression Avenues
- Chance to work for such a respected company and market leader