An excellent opportunity is available for a Construction Buyer to join a main contractor based in the Leeds area, this key role will be involved the in procurement of materials, plant and sub-contract packages for major build projects.
My client is a main contractor with a leading reputation in their field who are passionate about good procurement practises. They are experiencing a large area of growth and are looking for a Buyer to join their team
The key responsibilities will be;
- To obtain quotations for plant, materials and sub-contractors, ensuring the best prices and payments terms.
- Implement supply chain agreements and discount / rebate structures.
- Work closely with site / project teams to deliver required plant and material resources as per programme.
- Ensure materials meet specification
- Manage and maintain the approved supply chain list both regionally and nationally as projects dictate.
To be considered for the role you should fit the following criteria;
- Primarily you should be able to demonstrate a proven track record operating in a similar construction buying role.
- Be comfortable procuring materials and sub-contractor packages.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness.
- Hold strong communication and IT skills
- Be able to work under minimal supervision, but comfortable working with broader project/commercial team.
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £35k + competitive package for the ideal candidate.