Global Procurement Analyst
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the provision and interpretation of accurate and timely data analysis, business information, and tools so that Group Procurement are in a position to manage across the indirect categories to identify opportunities and achieve delivery targets. To include three key areas of Procurement analysis; spend analysis; market analysis and supplier analysis.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Spend and opportunity analysis: To use and develop existing data sources and systems to extract timely and relevant spend data across multiple categories to develop Procurement category spend reports and inform sourcing and category strategies to enable delivery of Procurement's annual targets.
- Market analysis: Undertake market research to support sourcing activities and understanding of categories to include identification of market trends, risks and opportunities, commodity pricing indices, potential suppliers etc.
- Supplier analysis: Undertake analyses of supplier performance, working with Group Procurement supplier managers to develop supplier performance management data and reporting capability.
- Market testing and benchmarking: Provide support to category management by conducting competitive reviews as and when required to include design of pricing matrices for supplier completion; design and completion of cost modelling to aid decision making; summarising and presenting opportunities for change and potential benefits.
- Rate card management: Manage and update any specific category rate card calculators and associated details to ensure correct prices are applied for call-off contract purchasing.
- Report design and delivery: Develop and document the business reporting and dashboard requirements for Group Procurement to ensure performance is accurately managed, monitored and reported to include Executive Committee dashboard and Procurement team scorecard.
- Data reporting and project work: Be available and capable to do any priority ad hoc reporting that is required within the categories.
- Savings monitoring: develop and maintain the benefits management framework that enables category managers to capture, monitor and measure financial and non-financial benefits.
- Development and refinement of Procurement category taxonomy: working with category managers and leads as well as Finance stakeholders, develop and refine Procurement's category taxonomy to ensure it is accurately reflected in the P2P system and is positioned to enable spend reporting and opportunity analysis.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified
- Experience working in a Procurement environment with an understanding of Procurement drivers and objectives, ideally with experience working as a Procurement Analyst in a global organisation for a minimum of 3 years.
Skills and Behaviours
- Advanced knowledge and capability of Microsoft tools including Excel essential
- Sharepoint experience, including the creation, management and extraction of data from Sharepoint based tools
- Commercially focussed
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent numeric skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- SAP R3 understanding and intermediate level reporting essential
- BW intermediate level reporting preferred
- Qlikview experience and reporting ability preferred
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Visual Basic for Applications) and query language e.g. SQL/external market data.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.