2 days left
- Full Time
New Category Manager post for a public sector business in Leeds to manage an indirect category which will include the following duties category analysis (spend, supplier, supply and organisation analysis) and developing and implementing category strategies.
The Category Manager based in Leeds will directly support the client portfolio for professional services in delivering a category management approach for key goods and services.
The Category Manager in Leeds will:
- Develop and manage procurement category strategies for a portfolio of categories to achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the business.
- Provide professional advice
- Negotiate and influence senior forums (internal and external) to achieve the benefits of collaborative procurement.
- Develop and deliver procurement savings.
- Lead procurement plans for specific categories.
- Lead and manage complex contracts
- Lead procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirements and timescales.
- Manage contract reviews for key business critical contracts managed outside of the central procurement function, ensuring contract performance is managed in line with KPI's and customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for delivering specific category management programs
- Manage and mentor other team members
Ideally MCIPS level 6 qualified
Proven strategic procurement skills and category experience
OJEU and EU legalisation experience
£40000 - 45000