Warehouse Shift Manager
This is an amazing opportunity for somebody to join a market leading 3PL business as a Warehouse Shift Manager on a fast paced multi-temperature food contract.
Industry leading 3PL brand that is recruiting for their Logistics Distribution and Supply chain site near Huntingdon, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a great Team starting a new contract, bringing with it opportunity to grow and progress.
As a Warehouse Shift Manager you will have the chance to work with an exciting national client. You will be managing in a multi-temperature food operation and be responsible for the whole shift.
You will have to take on responsibility for the following:
- Management of a small team of 3 supervisors and up to 40 in direct operatives.
- Tracking of KPI's, performance, training and development
- Adherence to and monitoring of Health and Safety procedures
- Conducting staff reviews, disciplinary and appraisals
- Reporting to senior management on performance
- To be pro-active in creating and implementing cost saving and efficiency procedures
- Staff briefings
- Carrying out incident, accident and non-conformance procedures
- Encouraging a supportive and positive environment
- Manage work flow for both permanent and Agency staff
- Create and develop new procedures within a new product
Hours of work are flexible across a 24/7 operation. You will have a set shift pattern that will be confirmed before interview.
The successful candidate for the position of Warehouse Shift Manager will having the following skills and experiences. You MUST have this to be able to apply for the role:
- Have manged in a warehouse environment for a minimum of 2 years
- A proven track record of hitting KPIs and managing change, clearly visible on your CV
- 3PL experience is highly preferable
- A degree in Logistics or similar would be highly preferable
- A logistics graduate scheme would be highly preferable
- Be flexible in shift pattern
- Commutable to the Huntingdon area
- Be a charismatic and inspirational leader
Pays a package of £25-30k + benefits dependant on experience