Category Manager | Pioneering Organisation | Surrey
This leading organisation is undergoing a period of change as a new 3-year strategy implemented in 2016 has seen a shift towards a more commercial focus. The team are on course to deliver £5m+ savings over the coming year and are looking to drive this even further, hence the creation of this role. You will be pivotal in both developing and delivering the specific plans and activities that will ensure this improved performance in assigned areas.
You should be an experienced, qualified and customer orientated Procurement professional who will have responsibility and accountability for spend management supporting several professional services departments where the annual expenditure is over £30m.The successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and a proven track record in leading complex procurement projects that deliver compliance, manage risk and maximum value for money. The Procurement Team helps to manage over £100m expenditure annually and strives to be a "trusted advisor" and category management expert across a broad range of spends.
Ideally, you will have an indirect procurement background with some exposure to category management. You will have substantial professional responsibility and discretion, working to broad parameters and policy guidance in carrying out the role. Purpose is to establish effective and best practice procurement strategies, processes and controls in respect of a range of procured goods & services including Professional Services and select soft FM expenditure areas, ensuring the organisation achieves value for money in all procurement related decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Category Management in assigned categories totalling circa £35m
- Responsible for delivering and implementing category strategies for their areas of responsibility
- Lead sourcing initiatives, providing technical and market expertise, content expertise and value delivery (total cost of ownership), whilst reporting risk and issues with suppliers
- Accountable for their specific categories, with responsibility for total expenditure to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet the businesses’ requirements
- You will lead the supplier selection and qualification process and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement)
- Establish category prioritises based on benefits, opportunities and business requirements
Skills and Achievements:
- Highly developed knowledge of procurement principles and practices, with awareness of the broader developments relevant to procurement
- Significant experience in managing complex procurements in a services organisation, including advertising, tendering, contract drafting, negotiation and managing supplier relationship
- Proven ability to lead procurement related business improvement and organisational change projects
- Strong working Knowledge of procurement/e-procurement systems
- Proven ability to build excellent working relationships and partnerships with colleagues, suppliers and external organisations
Applications for the role are now open, please be sure to apply asap for consideration.