To arrange the delivery of the customer's product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible.
A family owned business, with a unique set of values and a longer term perspective, they are also different in the commercial deals that they are able to offer, often resulting in meaningful business growth for our clients, through investment that is linked to operational reliability.
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilising the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Develop back haul lanes with both BDL depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilisation.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required (Direct Workforce) providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub contractors as and when required.
- Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Pre-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
- De-Brief Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly.
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Download Driver cards for analysis
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
- Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Ensure compliance with Agency Driver checklist.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with other company Depots.
* Experience of working in a busy Transport office
* Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
* Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
* Good standard of education
* IT literate
* Knowledge of Health & Safety
* Commercial understanding
* Team Player
* Good communication skills
* Lateral thinker
* Works well under pressure
* Ability to prioritise
An opportunity to work for an established company with strong values who consider it's staff to be at the forefront of their business.
A competitive salary
Continuous training and development