Interim Assistant/Junior Buyer
This role reports into the Purchasing Manager and will last for initially 6 months. You will support the activity of the Procurement Department across two manufacturing sites and contribute effectively to, and be instrumental in the development of supplier portfolios for packaging and Ingredients.
Our client is a global food manufacturing business.
- ERP data maintenance via JD Edwards - Price maintenance, Supplier set up, Packaging and Ingredient code set up.
- Tender management assistance
- Administration support to Procurement Team
- Invoice queries
- Report compilation
Give support in strategic sourcing activity, negotiating, executing and managing the contractual agreements with all packaging suppliers. To ensure best trade terms, with lowest cost, best quality and service through competition.
Gaining an understanding of the operations of the key markets affecting the principal commodities. Current principal commodities covered: Flexibles (Film and Pouches), Corrugated, Labels, Paper Sacks, Cartons, Poly Sacks.
Contribute to the development of the packaging budget, by understanding the various markets and their impact.
Researching the market for new providers to meet the current and future requirements of the business. To support marketing activities.
To support the innovation contribution from packaging suppliers in terms of new products.
Manage the administration of contracts through the use of the JD Edwards, ensuring all blanket purchase orders are up to date with commodity codes and prices.
To work with the Quality Management Team and suppliers to maintain and improve quality standards of packaging materials. To help to resolve quality issues.
Ensure the timely delivery of amendments / new artworks to printers, by close liaison with the Marketing and R&D departments, following the artwork approval system.
- Strong administrational skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Previous procurement experience
- Experience of JD Edwards desirable
- Food industry, FMCG and/or manufacturing experience
- Packaging/print purchasing experience an advantage
- Print/Packaging Technology knowledge an advantage
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- CIPS member preferred but not essentia;
- Self-motivated with drive
- Ability to think outside the box - lateral thinker
- Able to multi task
- Good time management
- Flexible, open minded
- Project Management experience
- Team player
- Desire to develop and progress career in Purchasing
Up to £25k pro rata