Lead a team of procurement officers and stakeholders through procurement projects that delivers VFM and cost saving initiatives.
The Category Buyer / Senior Procurement Officer / Procurement Manager Support the Head of Procurement and Contracts Management to develop and maintain a coordinated approach towards procurement, seeking compliance, value for money and advice on all areas of procurement including alternative and innovative solutions to reduce costs.
Category Buyer / Senior Procurement Officer / Procurement Manager based in Manchester will;
- Responsible for Contracts being established in accordance with EU Procurement Directives, Force Contract Standing Orders and best practice procurement techniques with due consideration for Equalities, Risk, Sustainability, Environmental issues and Health & Safety Legislation.
- Ensure all tender and contract documentation is completed in a timely and correct manner across the procurement team.
- Line management responsibility for Procurement Officers.
- Provide support, assistance and guidance to other departments around the whole end-to-end procurement and tendering process.
- Run tenders via OJEU process and mini comps via framework
- Develop procurement project plans contract management plans and strategy are aligned with procurement.
- Maintain external contracts and frameworks available
- Monitor, evaluate and implement changes in procurement legislation and international standards for all goods and services.
- Produce financial information relating to procurement projects, including mandatory government savings data.
- Prepare reports for senior managers on current and future procurement activity, contract risks and benefits achieved.
- Proven track record in procurement.
- OJEU and/or EU procurement experienced professionals
- MCIPS qualified or have substantial equivalent experience of Procurement.
- It would be beneficial if previous experience is present managing a team.
- The Category Buyer / Senior Procurement Officer / Procurement Manager must have excellent communication skills
Be able to work alone as well as part of a team and be used to working to strict deadlines.
£32000 - 35000
Agile working, pension, holiday