The role of the Transport Supervisor: Effective supervision of all Drivers, ensuring a scheduled service of delivery and collection from site to customer, at agreed costs and in line with current legislation. Only candidates with experience in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector will be considered.
A market leading business with a number of sites across the UK. This role is based in a site close to the Preston area.
The role of the Transport Supervisor:
- To comply with road transport legislation and the Quality Management Operating Procedures Manual.
- To ensure quality requirements are maintained in compliance with procedures and QSM.
- To conduct daily driver debriefs and update the Transport Manager on any customer changes or added value opportunities.
- To ensure all documents/forms are collected from drivers at the end of each delivery day.
- To know and understand all routes and loading requirements.
- To forward plan and ensure all routes are covered (including during periods of holiday/sickness). Ensure any special delivery requirements are effectively managed.
- To assist the Transport Manager during the periodic review of the scheduled delivery routes and, if necessary, undertake route proofing surveys.
- To ensure that the credit control customer suspension list is operating for all drivers and provide feedback to the Transport Manager.
- To assist the Transport Manager in the practical aspects of delivery vehicle management
- To assist the Transport Manager in ensuring that drivers do not exceed driving hours legislation.
- To ensure correct use of PDA's by drivers and cross check use of PDA via Dynamics (where appropriate).
- To assist the Transport Manager with the operation of the scheduled route system, within agreed costs and legal framework.
- To assist the Transport Manager in the management of Transport staff.
- To assist the Transport Manager with Back to work interviews.
- To assist the Transport Manager with the disciplinary process.
- To ensure that training records are kept and updated for all Transport staff.
- To assist the Transport Manager in the selection, induction and training of new Transport staff and accompany drivers who are learning new routes.
The Successful Transport Supervisor will have the following:
- HGV 2 licence preferred
- No more than 6 points on licence
- Management skills; recruitment, motivation, PDR process, coaching, disciplinary and grievance.
- Highly customer focused
- Experience of working in a professional logistics department
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the customer
- PC literate
- Understanding of current commercial transport legislation
- Competent in using Digital tachograph
Shifts: Any 5 from 7 (days)