Procurement Manager - CAPEX | Global FMCG | Hertfordshire
As part of their planned growth, this leading FMCG business is looking to bring on board a Category Manager to lead the implementation of best practice Procurement across all Capital Expenditure.
Responsibilities will include designing and implementing innovative category and sourcing strategies, and building and sustaining executive / board level stakeholder relationships within the business. You will be required to lead large-scale negotiations with suppliers to achieve significant cost savings, whilst also focusing on the improvement of key supplier / vendor relationships, thus securing longer term benefits for the company.
Your Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good working knowledge of Category Management & SRM principles
- Broad understanding of the FMCG market and basic manufacturing experience
- Ability to analyse suitability of new suppliers through Financial analysis and use of tools such as Dunn and Bradstreet
- Good generalist procurement knowledge across a range of Indirect or Direct supply markets
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Procurement process e.g. implementation of RFx processes including eSourcing
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful and expanding procurement team. You will receive dedicated learning and development support along with the genuine opportunity to progress your career. You will have had a strong start to your procurement career in a fast-paced commercial environment and will ideally be degree qualified and working towards full MCIPS accreditation.
Please call Simon on 01962 869 838 for a confidential conversation or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org