Transport Supervisor (Nights)
- Full Time
In the role of Transport Supervisor you will be accountable for managing the drivers and the transport operation through the night shift.
Our client are a leading 3PL and freight forwarder with a number of sites across the UK. Having won multiple new contracts with blue-chip businesses alongside growing their existing relationships, they are looking for high-calibre candidates to join their team
- In the role of Transport Supervisor you will be:
- To ensure that all vehicles and drivers under your supervision are routed effectively to maximise their utilisation at all times, maintaining service levels to Customer requirements, whilst keeping control over associated costs.
- To ensure that tankers operated from other sites are, at all times, presented in a clean and tidy condition.
- To ensure that drivers under your control are, at all times, dressed in accordance with company guidelines.
- To ensure that vehicles, drivers and trailers operating from other sites are operating in compliance with statutory obligations regarding Law and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that Customers' paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that industrial relations are maintained and that local disputes are dealt with quickly and, where out of your control, ensure that your Senior Manager is aware of the situation.
In the role of Transport Supervisor:
- Leadership skills are essential as you will be managing a busy team.
- Previous customer service experience essential, over the telephone and on email.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills and prioritising workload.
- Transport experience
£28,000 - £32,000
4 on 4 off nights