Warehouse Operations Manager
- Full Time
A Warehouse Operations Manager is required for a leading 3PL provider.
Our client is a leading 3PL logistics provider with a client portfolio of internationally recognised brands.
The Warehouse Operations Manager will be responsible for all warehouse and stock activity within the Reading site. Reporting to the RDC Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Check & monitor operational status daily and assume accountability.
- Track volumes v/s expenditure to ensure productivity KPI's are meet.
- Ensure the Warehouse teams adhere to stock processes to minimise Stock Loss.
- Manage the Stock Team to ensure stock integrity is maintained and monitored.
- Deploy the right amount of resource in-line with operational needs in line with budget.
- Ensure all functions are operating within budgetary plan.
- Track and progress any live initiatives/projects.
- Provide the necessary leadership and coaching to direct reports and key relationships.
- Conduct and manage regular Team Meetings and 1-2-1 sessions.
- Make sure IR issues are managed in line with the National Operating Agreement and other associated agreements.
- Ensure the operation is safe and legally compliant at all times.
- Continually review all aspects of the operation, methods and process to keep in line with continuous improvement.
- Have regular input, interface and relationship building with key customers in-line with account management teams.
The Warehouse Operations Manager will live within a commuting distance of Reading and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Extensive management experience of operating within a Warehouse Operation.
- Experienced in operating within multi-site logistics operations.
- Experience in managing employee relations and customer/trading relations.
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding.
- A good level of IT and numerical literacy.
- People management and line management experience.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Legal compliance.
- Ability to present and communicate effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
A competitive basic salary, car/car allowance and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.