CATEGORY MANAGER CONSTRUCTION
Category Manager Construction £52,000 £60,000 - London - Property Development & Regeneration Procurement
My client a property development firm who design and build homes across London are looking for a Construction Category Manager to join the team.
This is an existing opportunity that's been created to manage a large amount of spend for new builds and refurbishment of existing housing stock across London. You will be responsible for put into place agreements with suppliers to cover all procurement, so this role will focus around developing strategies and relationships with current and new suppliers.
The Procurement Responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Category Management for Construction.
- Manage all procurement operations, due to the niche nature of the company.
- Develop innovative and sustainable strategies and framework agreements.
- Liaise closely with stakeholders to best understand the needs of the procurement function by the wider business.
- Engage with suppliers to ensure there is the best possible relationship to provide savings for the business while keeping the quality of service and product high.
- Energetic, driven and forward thinking individual, with a passion for procurement.
- Ability to act as an advisor in a Private Sector commercial organisation.
- Strong negotiator and ability to engage and advise senior stakeholders.
- Contracts management and effective Supplier Relationship Management skills.
- Wide range of indirect category or category management experience, market knowledge and be able to be proactive at identifying and making cost saving opportunities happen.
- Proven commercial acumen.
The Key Skills and Qualifications of the Construction Category Manager:
- Proven experience within construction procurement
- Experience with NEC3 contracts would be an advantage
- Tangible savings delivered in previous roles
- Excellent communication skills including negotiation
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.