The client brief:
My client, are looking to hire a Procurement Specialist from the private sector ideally with indirect experience to join their fast paced and dynamic procurement department. The Procurement Specialist will work with the existing Procurement Team, ensuring the procurement department delivers an effective and efficient procurement service to the business. Must be a clear and confident communicator with proven experience in a fast paced and highly commercial private sector procurement function. MCIPS qualified or near to accreditation.
Key skills required for the role:
- Energetic, driven and forward thinking individual, with a passion for procurement
- Ability to act as an advisor in a Private Sector commercial organisation
- Strong negotiator and ability to engage and advise senior stakeholders
- Contracts management and effective Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Wide range of indirect category or category management experience, market knowledge and be able to be proactive at identifying and making cost saving opportunities happen
- Proven commercial acumen
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven track record of implementing procurement strategies and innovative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with drive and ambition
- Existing knowledge of managing indirect spend - cross category within a Private Sector environment
- The role would suit an MCIPS graduate or CIPS Level 5 in early career with 3-5 years' procurement or category experience.
- At least 3 years' procurement experience
- MCIPs or Level 5 minimum
- Private sector back-ground
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.