The Transport Supervisor will manage the day to day running of the Transport Operation. The role will involve interaction with a large fleet of drivers, vehicle compliance and making sure customer service levels are adhered to. The role will be based at one of their sites in Merseyside.
A leading Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain business with a number of sites across the UK.
The Transport Supervisor:
- Monitor Health & Safety and vehicle compliance.
- Deal with ad-hoc journeys efficiently.
- Ensure employees hours and agency costs are correct and issued at a time agreed with Transport manager.
- Ensure drivers work within Tachograph Working Time Regulation Legislation and deal quickly and effectively with any infringements.
The Successful Transport Supervisor:
- Minimum of 3 year's experience within a FMCG or fast moving goods distribution environment.
- Experience of Tachograph, Telematics & vehicle Defects.
- Managing cost constraints.
- Flexible regarding shift work.
- Managing a large driver workforce.
- Proactive and open to change, being able to implement new processes.
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 + overtime
Hours: Rotating shift patterns - Days/Night and Any 5 from 7.